We may, from time to time, modify the terms of this Agreement. When we make changes, we will post those changes here. Your use of the App following any such modification constitutes your agreement to the terms of the modified Agreement. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
1. OWNERSHIP. Except for items in the public domain, the information, photos, graphics, programs, services, processes, designs, software, technologies, trademarks, trade names, inventions and all other materials comprising the App (collectively, the “Materials”), are wholly owned by (or licensed to) MJELEARNING and/or its content providers. The App contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the App is copyrighted under the Ghana copyright laws. MJELEARNING owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such content as well as in any original content. Nothing contained on this app should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Materials without the written permission of MJELEARNING or such other party that may own the Materials.
2. USE OF APP. Except for your non-commercial personal use, the App, in whole or in part, may not be sold, reproduced, published, broadcasted via radio or television, or redistributed in any medium, directly or indirectly, for any commercial or non-commercial purpose, or used for advertising or any other purpose other. Unauthorized use of the App and/or the Materials may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other app or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
3. AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use the App and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of the App. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of the App by you and those using your login information.
5. NO WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Your use of the App is at your sole risk. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the downloading and/or use of files or other material (including software) obtained through the App. Neither MJELEARNING nor any of its content providers endorse or stand behind the accuracy, truthfulness or reliability of any information provided on or by means of MJELEARNING.
THE APP IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, AND NEITHER MJELEARNING NOR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THE LIKE MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION THEREOF. No oral advice or written information given to you by MJELEARNING or any of its content providers, agents, or the like shall create any warranty. Neither MJELEARNING nor any of its content providers, agents, or the like warrants that access to, or use of, the App will be uninterrupted, virus free, or error-free, or that the App (including, without limitation, any content on the App) will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. MJELEARNING, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND THE LIKE, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, REASONABLE CARE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT MJELEARNING KNOWS, HAS REASON TO KNOW, HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR IS OTHERWISE IN FACT AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE), IN EACH INSTANCE IN RESPECT OF THE APP. FURTHERMORE, MJELEARNING, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND THE LIKE, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THE APP.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. MJELEARNING and all of its content providers, agents and the like, in each instance will not be liable for (a) any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and/or special damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use, the App, and you hereby waive any claims with respect thereto, whether based on contractual, tort or other grounds, even if MJELEARNING has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and/or (b) damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any file, in each instance whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. For further clarity, in all events, MJELEARNING and all of its content providers, agents and the like shall not be liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users of the Internet.
7. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify MJELEARNING and all of its content providers, agents and the like, in each instance from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees), and/or damages arising out of claims based upon use your use of the App including, without limitation, any claim of libel, defamation, violation of legal rights of others (including rights of privacy or publicity), loss of service by other subscribers and/or infringement of intellectual property or other rights.
8. LINKS. The App may contain links to websites operated by parties other than MJELEARNING. Such links are provided for your reference only. MJELEARNING does not control such websites and is not responsible for their contents. MJELEARNING makes no representation or warranty regarding any other websites or the contents or materials on such websites. The App’s inclusion of links to other websites does not imply MJELEARNING ‘s endorsement of the material on the websites or any association with their operators. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link thereto, should be directed to the particular service or resource
9. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of Ghana, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Ghana courts, in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this app and this Agreement.
10. NO WAIVER. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce strict performance by the other party of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and MJELEARNING nor the trade practice shall modify any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
11. MODIFICATION. MJELEARNING may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of this app will be conditioned upon the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS. Additional terms and conditions may apply to purchases of goods and services and other uses of portions of the App, and you agree to abide by such other terms and conditions.
13. SEVERABILITY. These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions, together with those incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on this App.
MJELEARNING App End User License Agreement
This End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is between you and MJELEARNING and governs use of this app made available through the App Store. By installing the MJELEARNING App, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and understand that there is no tolerance for objectionable content. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are not entitled to use the MJELEARNING App.
In order to ensure MJELEARNING provides the best experience possible for everyone, we strongly enforce a no tolerance policy for objectionable content. If you see inappropriate content, please use the “Report as offensive” feature found under each post.
1. Parties This Agreement is between you and MJELEARNING only. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that App store and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and App store has the right to enforce this Agreement against you. MJELEARNING, not App store, is solely responsible for the MJELEARNING App and its content.
2. Privacy MJELEARNING may collect and use information about your usage of the MJELEARNING App, including certain types of information from and about your device. MJELEARNING may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to measure the use and performance of the MJELEARNING App.
3. Limited License MJELEARNING grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use MJELEARNING App for your personal, non-commercial purposes. You may only use the MJELEARNING App on devices that you own or control and as permitted by the App Store Terms of Service.
4. Age Restrictions By using the MJELEARNING App, you represent and warrant that (a) you are 17 years of age or older and you agree to be bound by this Agreement; (b) if you are under 17 years of age, you have obtained verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian; and (c) your use of the MJELEARNING App does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your access to the MJELEARNING App may be terminated without warning if MJELEARNING believes, in its sole discretion, that you are under the age of 17 years and have not obtained verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you provide your consent to your child’s use of the MJELEARNING App, you agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect to your child’s use of the MJELEARNING App.
5. Objectionable Content Policy Content may not be submitted to MJELEARNING, who will moderate all content and ultimately decide whether or not to post a submission to the extent such content includes, is in conjunction with, or alongside any, Objectionable Content. Objectionable Content includes, but is not limited to: (i) sexually explicit materials; (ii) obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, violent and/or unlawful content or profanity; (iii) content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or fraudulent; (iv) content that promotes the use or sale of illegal or regulated substances, tobacco products, ammunition and/or firearms; and (v) gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo or poker.
6. Warranty MJELEARNING disclaims all warranties about the MJELEARNING App to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the extent any warranty exists under law that cannot be disclaimed, MJELEARNING, shall be solely responsible for such warranty.
7. Maintenance and Support MJELEARNING does provide minimal maintenance or support for it but not to the extent that any maintenance or support is required by applicable law, MJELEARNING, shall be obligated to furnish any such maintenance or support.
8. Product Claims MJELEARNING is responsible for addressing any claims by you relating to the MJELEARNING App or use of it, including, but not limited to: (i) any product liability claim; (ii) any claim that the MJELEARNING App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) any claim arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed an admission that you may have such claims. 9. Third Party Intellectual Property Claims MJELEARNING shall not be obligated to indemnify or defend you with respect to any third party claim arising out or relating to the MJELEARNING App. To the extent MJELEARNING is required to provide indemnification by applicable law, MJELEARNING, shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any claim that the MJELEARNING App or your use of it infringes any third party intellectual property right. Agree Decline
Welcome to the MJELEARNING’s Privacy Notice (“Notice”).
MJELEARNING (“We” or “Our”) operates www.mjelearning.com (the “Website”) and MJELEARNING Mobile Application (the “Application”). The Website and Application are platforms built to host, manage, and deploy curriculum-relevant content to learners via smartphones and tablets, with marginal concern for internet limitations and costs.
This page informs you of Our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data when you visit, access, browse through and/or use Our Website or Mobile Application (“Platform”) and when you use any storage or transmitting device provided by us. Please read carefully, as it’s important for you to understand how We intend to retain and protect the private information you provide us. To protect your privacy, MJELEARNING follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for user privacy and data protection.
MJELEARNING values your trust and confidence. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information at all times. If you have any questions about this Notice or Our data protection practices, kindly contact us.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: MJ NEW TECHNOLOGIES COMPANY
By accessing or using Our services or Products, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Notice. Once you provide consent, you may change your mind and withdraw the consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note that consent withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
The Data We Collect About You
When signing up on Our Platform, We collect information about you. This information may include:
Profile data, such as your name, username or alias, e-mail address, mailing address, location, class (in school), age, and phone number;
Financial data, such as your card information, billing address, and payment options may also be required by our payment service providers;
Technical information, such as the type of mobile device and internet browser you use, your computer IP address, data about the pages you access, mobile device ID or unique identifier, statistics on page views, standard Web log data, still and moving images, etc;
Marketing data, such as users’ feedback; and
Usage data, such as time spent on Our application, when application was opened, device data and learning statistics (time spent learning, lessons viewed, test scores, etc.).
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which We collected it which may include the following:
to register you as a new user.
to process and deliver your order.
to manage your relationship with us;
to recommend products or services which may be of interest to you;
to help us identify and provide the type of service offerings in which you are most interested in;
to enable us create the content most relevant to you and to generally improve Our services;
to make the Platform easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once;
to manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
to send periodic emails and marketing materials regarding your interest in Our products and services.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, We may include or offer third party products or services on Our Platform. As such, Our Platform may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites may have their own separate and independent privacy policies, which may govern the collection and processing of your personal data. We urge you to review these privacy policies – because this Notice will not apply. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, activities and privacy practices of such third-party websites.
Every registered user has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
When you register, We create your profile, assign a personal identification number, (your User ID) then send this personal identification number back your email address with an activation link for the activation of your profile. This code is uniquely yours. It is your passport to seamless travel across Our Platform, allowing you to use Our Platform without having to fill out registration forms with information you’ve already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won’t have to re-register – just use your User ID to identify yourself.
We store and process your personal information on Our computers. Where We need to transfer your data to another country, such country must have an adequate data protection law. Please be assured that We have put in place appropriate security measures including but not limited to access controls, firewalls, data encryption, and physical security to prevent your personal data from being lost, altered, disclosed, or otherwise used in an unauthorized way. In addition, We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and contractors who have a business need to know. These employees, agents, and contractors have a duty to maintain confidentiality at all times and will only process your personal data according to Our instructions.
Also note that We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where We are legally required to do so.
Retention of Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with the purpose it is being processed for, or for tax, accounting, regulatory, or legal purposes. We will keep the personal data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to Our relationship with you. Related to this, We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if We reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to Our relationship with you.
You may notify us whenever you no longer wish to hear from us and We will keep minimum information upon receipt of such notice to ensure that no future contact is made by us. We will actively review the personal information We hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or user need for it to be retained.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information We hold about you and check that We are lawfully processing it. Please note that a data subject access request may attract an administrative fee;
request correction of the personal data that We hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data We hold about you corrected, though We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where We may have processed your information unlawfully or where We are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note however, that We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
object to processing of your personal data where We are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where We are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, We may demonstrate that We have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with you. Please note that this request may also attract an administrative fee;
withdraw consent at any time where We are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
At MJELEARNING, We implement a variety of reasonable security measures to protect the security and integrity of your personal information.
To prevent unauthorized access to your information, We have implemented strong controls and security safeguards at the technical and operational levels. Our Platform uses Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should see the padlock symbol in your URL address bar once you are successfully logged into the platform. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure Webpage.
Please note that you also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your username and password, so do not share these with others. However, as the internet is not a secure medium, We cannot guarantee that security breaches will never occur. Accordingly, We are not responsible for the matters, which include actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties that breach Our reasonable security procedure.
Online Privacy Notice Only
This online Notice applies only to information collected on Our Platform and not to information collected offline.
By this Policy We do not represent or warrant the condition or functionality of Our platform(s), its suitability for use, nor guarantee that Our service will be free from interruption or any error. No liability or responsibility shall lie for risks associated with the use of Our Platform, including but not limited to any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via Our Platform or your access to it. Neither do We guarantee the reliability of information contained on Our Platform—particularly those shared by third party users.